Setting up Evolution with Rose Emails
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Thanks to @thesaneuser:matrix.org for providing these intstructions
- Install Evolution and Evolution-ews on your distribution of choice.
- Open Evolution and select Edit -> Accounts.
- Then, click Add -> Mail Account.
- Click next to begin.
- For your Identity, put your full name and then your Rose-Hulman email address as your email address.
- Uncheck the box labelled "Look up mail server details based on the entered e-mail address", then click next.
- For the configuration, put the following details:
Server Type: Exchange Web Services Username: [Full Rose-Hulman email address] Host URL: https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx OAB URL: [Leave blank for now] Authentication: OAuth2 (Office 365)
- Check the box for "Override Office365 OAuth2 settings", then input the following:
Application ID: [Leave the default] Tenant ID: 6c373827-e5b7-45a7-ae27-b17e388fcad4
- If your tenant ID doesn't work, you can get the correct one from https://portal.azure.com/#settings/directory. It is the Directory ID from the Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology directory.
- Click next.
- Set your Receiving Options according to user preference. Click next.
- Set the name of the account to whatever you want. Click next.
- Click apply. A login box should open for your Rose-Hulman account.
- Login in to your Rose-Hulman account in the box. The window should close and the account will be added, but will fail to sync.
- Right click on the newly created account and select Properties. Click the Receiving Email tab. Make sure that the Host URL is still an office365 domain, and not Rose-Hulman.
- Click Fetch URL, the button next to the Host URL text box. The OAB URL should now be something like "https://outlook.office365.com/OAB/8c7bf602-f4ea-49ad-baf0-d51245a12d1c/oab.xml";.
- Click OK.