Welcome to the RHLUG Wiki!
We're currently migrating/updating the information from:
- the wiki from 2019, and we have a backup of only a few pages from in March 2018, sadly. Some of it is no longer relevant though, so new information will take its place.
- the old wiki, which we have a badly cached version of here since it has stability issues.
Our plan for this wiki is to document anything specific to using Linux at Rose-Hulman. We'll show you some other resources where you can learn up-to-date information on how to use Linux, open-source software, or server management, just to make things less cluttered.
If you want to talk, join our Telegram group at https://t.me/rhlug.
- 1 Meetings
- 2 Instructions for Joining Virtual Club Meetings
- 3 Software
- 4 Linux Tutorials
- 5 Hardware
- 6 LUG Stuff
2020 Spring Quarter
All meetings will be held online, to join at the meeting times, do one of the following options:
Option 1. If you have Ungoogled Chromium, Chromium, or Chrome, click this link to join it during the meeting times: https://meet.jit.si/RHLUG-Virtual-Meeting
Option 2. click here for the link and instructions to install and use the desktop app. Be sure to type RHLUG-Virtual-Meeting in the "enter a name for your conference" box to join it.
Option 3. click here for the link and instructions to install and use the mobile app. Be sure to type RHLUG-Virtual-Meeting in the "enter room name" box to join it.
- Week 4 Meeting (Unofficial/Remote) - Tuesday 4/7/2020 from 7pm-8pm EDT
- Week 6 Meeting (Official/Remote) - TBD
- Week 8 Meeting (Official/Remote) - TBD
- Week 10 Meeting (Official/Remote) - TBD
Locations, dates, and times may change (especially now due to COVID-19 closing school). Join the Telegram group to be notified of these changes immediately.
There are no official club meetings during finals week or breaks.
Recent Update - 3/16/20
If we have any meetings for the rest of the quarter, they will be remote. This is because spring quarter on campus activities are cancelled.
Recent Update - 3/14/20
- The showcase/installfest event is cancelled due to COVID-19. The dates and locations of the next meetings will change because the week numbers have now shifted by 1 week.
- We may have an unofficial REMOTE (not on campus) week 2/4 meeting to be available for students.
- The purpose of having this meeting could be something like:
- “virtual office hours” for students, which is especially helpful for Linux-related classes (e.g. CSSE132, CSSE232, CSSE332 (OS), MA/CSSE335, Embedded Linux, or similar classes)
- just chill and discuss whatever (like the MOnSter 6502, check it out!) Especially useful if you’re lonely from staying at home and looking to chat.
- These REMOTE meetings WON’T BE COUNTED for attendance (to prevent disadvantaging people who are sick and don’t have the energy to let us know).
- If you still want help with installing Linux or anything, we are available to chat in Telegram! We are more than happy to help, and we’ve had a lot of experience with it. Especially ask for help if you are in CSSE132, CSSE232, CSSE332 (OS), MA/CSSE335, Embedded Linux, or similar classes.
Instructions for Joining Virtual Club Meetings
(To be updated, with links to new resources)