Getting on eduroam
In concept, eduroam is pretty cool since it lets you connect to wifi at tons of other schools across the US without any extra work for you. But it's generally a pain on seemingly everything. Here are some the settings you need to set in different Linux distros.
Ubuntu (16.04 & 17.10)
- Wi-Fi security: "WPA & WPA2 Enterprise"
- Authentication: "Protected EAP (PEAP)"
- Anonymous identity: blank
- Domain: blank or "rose-hulman.edu"
- Check "No CA certificate is required"
- PEAP version: "Automatic"
- Inner authentication: "MSCHAPv2"
- Username: yourRoseUsername@rose-hulman.edu
- Password: yourRosePassword
Note that you may have to try doing this multiple times to actually get it to connect.